Saturday, January 30, 2010

It was the Mormons...


I haven't blogged in forever! So there really hasn't been much to talk about... Nothing really that is new at least. This past week I've had the privilege to hear from two apostles! Russell M. Nelson came to speak at BYU-I for devotional this past Tuesday. He spoke on how education is our religious responsibility. After the devotional, my roommate Chelsea and I waited and shook his hand. The first apostle I've ever shaken hands with! Just today Elder M. Russell Ballard came and gave a devotional on campus. It was amazing! I got to shake his hand too, so I have considered this week a success. I shook the hands of two apostles of the Lord.

I have been reflecting on how blessed I am to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My life would be so different without it... I wouldn't have come to Brigham Young University and met my amazing friends, and my life would just be so sad in general. Sure, BYU-I is a bit sheltered, but I'm glad that most of the students here have good values, and actually have some standards. It makes life a lot easier to live. Another thing I like about being Mormon, is that we know how to have fun without drugs and alcohol. Sure, we can get a little crazy, but at least we remember everything we do and we don't get sleazy.

Anyways, being a Mormon has been the greatest blessing in my life, and the gospel has blessed my life in so many ways as well. I love it! I would never change my life for anything else. I have the greatest friends and family. Chyeahhhhhhh!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! You rock my world! I'm so glad that I was able to get to know you! And I'm so stoked to see you!!! AHHH! Give everyone my love! LOVE LOVE LOVE
    Lynzi <3

    ReplyDelete