Sunday, December 27, 2009

Can't fight this feeling anymore.


This is my last day in Illinois. It is funny how coming home can influence you. Since home for me is about 110 miles away from Chicago, I have been listeing to rap and such nonsense. It is weird because I usually don't listen to it. I forget how ghetto my town of Freeport is because I live in Idaho now. I always love coming back though. Everyone I grew up with is here, and it is always fun to visit with those you've known all your life. I got to hang out with my best friends, and with family I hadn't seen since the summer. It is sad to me that after I leave for Utah tonight, I won't be back in Illinois until July. I always forget how beautiful the country and landscape is here. I love it :)

Anyways, right now I am listening to Journey with my dad, admiring Steve Perry's voice. I just got home from church. Going to church in the Freeport ward is always fun because I know everyone, and everyone there knows me, and observed me as I went through the awkward stages of adolescence. Nothing has changed much. Almost all of the kids I grew up with were there. Nothing much has changed, even with the returned missionaries that just got back. Nonetheless, I love coming home. I have decided someday I am going to live close by. I definitely don't want to live in Freeport, but maybe up in Wisconsin or Iowa. I can't wait until I have graduated. I want to go on a roadtrip so bad and visit all the places that I have longed to go to. If I have money, that is.

Tonight I leave at midnight with my friends to go back to Utah. Brilliant. I love roadtrips, but this is going to be a long one. My Christmas break has gone by way too fast. I only have a week left. Then I get to go to more classes. That will be fun. Anyways, I should probably go and pack my stuff so I am ready to leave. Happy belated Christmas, and don't do anything I wouldn't do!

No comments:

Post a Comment